It's been raining. And we're sick. Well, I'm sick, Dex is sniffly, and Jeff, as usual, seems impervious. I've been hunkering down, as you do when it rains in Santa Barbara for more than two days. On Thursday Jeff called and asked me if I could run to the grocery store for something. "It's raining," I said. Solera, did you know there are people in this country that get snowed in by blizzards for weeks?Well, in all honesty, it is tough juggling an umbrella, grocery bags, and a nine-month-old... (It's true. I asked other moms.)
On Saturday we took advantage of a break in the weather to get out of the house and walk on the beach. I love the beach when it's gray and stormy. Declan feels just the same way about sand as he does about grass, which is that it is decidedly unnavigable, but tasty! I am seriously beginning to consider Monica's suggestion that I carpet my house with astroturf. That way, if I set Dex down on a blanket, he'll actually stay there.
Today, though we are sniffly, we are celebrating patches of blue sky, Jeff getting out of jury duty, and lentil soup!

4 comments:
I don't believe in blizzards either, Solera. However, moose in California... now that's just the gospel truth!
mmm... lentil soup, hunh?
Is it Chef Karim's recipe?
He emailed me the recipe once but I think he left out an ingredient because it just didn't taste the same =(
Yes, Jon, I often run into moose when I'm on my way DOWN to San Luis...
Actually, Steph, it was an Alton Brown recipe--thick and blended. And I have to admit, as much as I can't stand that man's theatrics, he knows what he's doing in the kitchen.
I love these photos...give Dex some hugs and kisses from Grandma!!
Post a Comment