To escape the smoke and ash, and to prepare for our upcoming annual trip to Bishop, we packed up the car Saturday morning and took Declan on his first camping trip! Cachuma Lake is only forty-five minutes from our house, but was free of both smoke and flame. Declan did so well--we hiked, examined giant rocks, and saw all kinds of bugs and birds. On Sunday morning Declan and Jeff made me the most delicious Mother's Day breakfast!
Oh, camping, how we have missed you! It's been too long.
(Jeff and his Mini-Me.)
p.s. And, Mom, on the way home we stopped in Solvang to pick up a Mother's Day Kringle!!!
AH! Nice weekend. Glad you got to get out of the smoke. Malia cooked Sunday brunch for all the Bolton mommies- isn't she a sweetie! I ran into Liz Witt yesterday at Costco & she said that when she opened Tiffany's door to clean her house that your mom answered the door & she was so surprised. My mom & dad fly in tomorrow!I am gonna try to get together with your mom before she leaves.
3 comments:
AH! Nice weekend.
Glad you got to get out of the smoke. Malia cooked Sunday brunch for all the Bolton mommies- isn't she a sweetie!
I ran into Liz Witt yesterday at Costco & she said that when she opened Tiffany's door to clean her house that your mom answered the door & she was so surprised.
My mom & dad fly in tomorrow!I am gonna try to get together with your mom before she leaves.
I LOVE the shot of Jeff & Declan walking through the campsite. It is perfect.
I am glad the trip went well! We are really looking forward to our "practice" trip... cross your finger it goes well- we want to go to TMAFI!
We will have to go camping w/ our sons together one of these next upcoming years. And fishing! =)
Post a Comment